Souless - Gail Carriger [and sad . . . ]

Plea for blog followers - come and keep Gail Carriger, my one and only [and rather wonderful] follower company and make me look less sad . . . please ;)

I 'met' Gail through the rather convoulted method of chancing upon the cover for her new book - Souless- and thinking WOW!


Then I read the blurb! and thought DOUBLE WOW!

Soulless, book the first in the Parasol Protectorate Series, is a comedy of manners set in Victorian London: full of vampires, dirigibles, and tea.

Blurb

Alexia Tarabotti is laboring under a great many social tribulations. First, she has no soul. Second, she's a spinster whose father is both Italian and dead. Third, she is being rudely attacked by a vampire to whom she has not been properly introduced!

Where to go from there? From bad to worse apparently, for Alexia accidentally kills the vampire, and the appalling Lord Maccon (loud, messy, gorgeous, and werewolf) is sent by Queen Victoria to investigate. With unexpected vampires appearing and expected vampires disappearing, everyone seems to believe Alexia responsible.

Can she figure out what is actually happening to London's high society?

Will her soulless ability to negate supernatural powers prove useful or just plain embarrassing?

Who is the real enemy, and do they have treacle tart?

It is either Jane Austen does paranormal, or PG Wodehouse does steampunk and will be released by Orbit US October 1, 2009.

See what I mean??!!?? This is a book I want to read!

And then she has links to 'Vampire Hunters' on her website courtesy of marc17 [check out his LJ for more!] TRIPLE WOW!



So please, click to 'follow me', and keep her company and make me feel less Souless and sad ;)

ETA: Yay! Not feeling quite so lonely now, a big thank you to my newest blogger friends :-)

4 comments:

Maria Zannini said...

Sheesh! The things I do for my friends. LOL!

I don't normally 'follow' blogs because I already have everyone on my reader. Heck, I only found out about this widget a couple of months ago.

We love you, Suzanne!

Suzanne McLeod said...

I love you too, Maria [and a little amazon bird told me A Touch of Fire [print] comes out in April!!Yay!!

And yes, I have no idea what all these widget'y things are for, but hey, it's fun playing with them *g*

Tez Miller said...

BlogSpot was supposed to forward to my GoogleReader all the blogs I was following via BlogSpot. Earlier this week I realised that some blogs weren't coming through to my GoogleReader, and thus I decided that I couldn't trust BlogSpot anymore.

Have a lovely day! :-)

Suzanne McLeod said...

Hi Tez, thanks for dropping by, and I'll watch out for that with Blogspot, thanks!

Suzanne :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...