· Jon Courtenay Grimwood’s GoH interview with John Jarrold – A mega fan-girl hour for me! Rock Band – The creation of danacea anddavid_devereux – And our entry David Devereux and the Demon Divas! Kudos to Abby who filled the vacant diva slot to perfection and with more glam than you can shake half a dozen guitars at, andmaeve_the_red 's cool purple wig! And to the eight year old who knew exactly which buttons to press to get it all working, not to mention she and her pals aced the game LOL
· Tim Powers wonderfully entertaining and informative talk on ‘How to Write a Novel’
· The Swedish Gentleman who generously gave us a lift in from our hotel to the con on Sunday morning, thank you.
· Entering Bronte Country with Sam Stone, Maura McHugh, freda_writes and the less glamorous [if he’ll forgive me for saying :-)] but equally interesting Kev McVeigh
· Cornering Asking Mike Carey to sign his last two books for me! Major squeeee!
Me and Abby waiting to go on ...
· Stephen Deas, Juliet McKenna and co fighting it out with their untrustworthy dragons watched over by numerous dragon aficionados.
· The brilliant Dr Pepper and Mr Devereux on ‘dead meat’ one not to be missed, even right before tea-time; who can ever forget the tin of Harpic?
· Finding just the right copies of Locus in the Dealers’ room*
· Coming home with more books that I went with- with thanks to Liam Sharp’s wife for one of them :-) – always a great sign.
· Meeting the gracious [and extremely organised] Freda Warrington.
Alex Bell, Jaine Fenn and me in full feast mode!
· The rather surreal Chinese feast with the rest of the Gollancz crew on Sat night [nothing to do with the preceding talk about ‘dead meat’ or the food and everything to do with the Karaoke . . .]
· The very welcome [and sinfully great tasting!!!] chocolate I was given on Monday lunchtime, thank you.
· Learning all about Spring-Heeled Jack [and coming away with a smart little story idea ;)] in spite of nearly falling off the table in the middle of the talk when they blew the dustbin up outside!
· Not having enough time to sit down and chat with everyone I wanted to – in spite of being there for two and half days.
· Forgetting to eat between breakfast and 6pm on Sunday.
· A fantastic con programme which meant I had to make difficult decisions about which panel I wanted to go to when they clashed – not recommended on too little sleep – and consequently missing out on some fab ones like the Eoin Colfer talk.
· Not getting my camera out more often … [although I expect there are some that will be grateful for that *g*]
Trying to look like I know what I'm doing!
· Missing the Swedish Room Party – a must for next year [note to self – start building up late-night-party-stamina *now*].
· Not managing to get there on Friday to see the Dragon’s Lair when my Eastercon jinx struck again.
· And having to wait a whole year until the next one :-(
* the one with a review of The Sweet Scent of Blood and the one with a picture of the cover! Yay!