Reading Matters!

I love seeing what other folk are reading (yep, I'm nosy like that *g*) so I thought I'd do a quick post to share my February reads with you. Oh, and maybe I had an ulterior motive, in that I decided to be really evil and make you all Green-Eyedwith an attack of the jealously Demons,when you see what fab books* a certain author gave me to read after I begged, pleaded and promised them my first born asked them nicely :-D

I LOVED all of the books I read this month with a passion (it doesn't always happen that way, but I choose not to talk about those), and if you're already a fan of these authors, then these books are a must have!  If the authors are new to you, then why not give them a try, hopefully you'll love them too. :-)

Mercy Blade- Faith Hunter ( I ♥ Jane & Beast)
Bite Me- Christopher Moore (ROFLMAO!)
*Enclave- Ann Aguirre (Wonderful, heartwrenching characters in a fascinating, dangerous future world)
*Aftermath- Ann Aguirre (made me cry ... now, need Endgame so bad)
Blast from the Past- Toni L. P. Kelner (A truly clever, engaging mystery)
Blue Diablo- Ann Aguirre (Makes me want to visit Mexico! + I ♥ Butch *g*)
Kitty Goes to War- Carrie Vaughn (Ooh! Cormac! Wow!)
The Fallen Blade- Jon Courtenay Grimwood (Brilliant historical fantasy with a different take on vamps)
Green-Eyed Demon- Jaye Wells - (special category; crit partner book, has my all time fav scene EVAH! Congrats, Jaye on GED's release! Yay!)



Home Improvement: Undead Edition- Editors: Charlaine Harris and Toni L.P. Kelner (I've always felt extremely privileged, and awed, for my little pixie story to be with all the fabulous stories in this book, even more so now I've read the rest *pinches herself*)

So that's 9 wonderfully, engrossing books (though, gross might be a more appropriate adjective for parts of Enclave *shudders*. Ann Aguirre is a truly EVIL, BRILLIANT AUTHOR! You will be desperate to finish this book to find out WHAT HAPPENS!) for this month, and 13* fantastic short stories, which is less than my January total, but still good going.

So how about all of you. What great books have you read and loved in February?


Oh, and of course, the book I'm really looking forward to reading next is the one in my current celebratory giveaway - River Marked by Patricia Briggs. Can't wait! *g* The giveaway is still live until midnight (GMT) 3rd March. To be in with a chance of winning, all you have to do is tell me your favourite cake/cookie. But, please, don't read the comments already made, there's only so much drool my blog can take *g*

Plus check out my blog's sidebar for details of how you could win copies of The Bitter Seed of Magic #3, and The Cold Kiss of Death #2on my blog's sidebar. Go give a leprechaun a kiss for luck and enter. *g*

*There are 14 stories in Home Improvement:Undead Edition, but I've already read mine a trillion times, so I gave it a miss this read through *g*

11 comments:

SusanKMann said...

What a great collection. Green-eyed demon is one on my list x

Sara Weiss said...

I'm so jealous, I can't wait for the new short story book! I have read a few of these, so I will try some of the others. I agree with you about Kitty Goes to War...woof! I am a big fan of the Mercy books too, so I will be reading that soon. maybe sooner from your contest. :)

Sandy Williams said...

Oh no, oh no, oh no. Do not tell me Aftermath made you cry. Do not! Killbox was heartwrenching for me. I'm really, really scared Jax won't have her happy ending.

I'm so depressed now. lol

J.A. Campbell said...

OMG so jealous!!! I can't wait to read Aftermath.

Julie/Firewolf

Anonymous said...

My February reading has consisted of The Bitter Seed of Magic, surprise, surprise!

Oh, and some gaming stuff.

- Neil.

Mardel said...

GEEZ! I was just feeling content, after reading your book, starting another interesting urban fantasy and knowing that I still have a few books you sent for me to read, and also knowing I have a few backup books that I've been waiting to read...and IS THAT A SIRANTHA JAX NOVEL!!!???!!!. I don't remember even hearing this title...(although I do tend to forget book titles....) I'm SO jealous now. LOL. I know I haven't seen this cover anyway - and is it out NOW in stores? I'm going to have to check on these...

Mercy Blade - I have the Yellowrock #2 here to read, and I need to buy this on also, but it's going to wait (UNTIL AFTER I GET THE LATEST SIRANTHA JAX NOVEL - sorry, I was getting a little excited there. *g*)
Enclave - I plan to buy this one also - :)
I absolutely loved Blue Diablo. I love Butch also.
Bite Me - I think I've read this one - is the second vampire novel? I read Blood Sucking Fiends, very good - and the second. I think I loaned it out and never got it back.


Waiting to read Kitty Goes to War - I think I have it here.

I'm also looking forward ot Patricia Brigg's River Marked. In fact, I'm going to enter your contest for this one. Love the Mercy books.

I was so happy with what I had here to read (still am) but then I had to go and read your post and now I'm feining for more...MORE books. thanks a lot, Lady!

:) LOL

Girl, you have good taste in reading! :)

Oh - and the books I LOVED for February? The Bitter Seed of Magic - and Bone Song - or was Bone Song in January? I think my reading is down to two books a month now. :(

Suzanne McLeod said...

SusanKMann: Thanks, Susan, and Yay! Green-Eyed Demon is a great one *g* xx

Sara Weiss: Thanks for dropping by, Sara. Hehe, I love the Kitty & Mercy books. Lol! I love all the books here *g* And Good Luck if you enter :-)

Sandy Williams: Aww, don't worry, Ann has said that Jax will have her HEA, but that doesn't stop her torturing her first ... but even with the tears, Aftermath is wonderful *g*.

Julie: Hehe, I knew I'd make some folk jealous *is evil*. You'll love Aftermath :-D

Neil: Aw, thank you! I hope you're enjoying it ... and pfft! forget the gaming stuff, reading's much more fun imho *g*.

Suzanne McLeod said...

Mardel: Aw, so sorry to feed your book cravings and make you unhappy ... Oh, and Aftermath doesn't come out until Sept though, so there's a while to wait for it yet :-( I'm just trying (& succeeding - bwhawhawha) to make everyone jealous. Please don't throw things at me *looks sheepish* :-D

Bite Me is the third one, and it sort of finalises the story. I love that the books are set in SF, as we had a hol there in 2002 and they always remind me of it :-)

Thank you so much for the book love for TBSOM *beams* :-)xx

serendipity_viv said...

All authors and book bloggers are bad people..LOL. As if my TBR pile wasn't big enough. I now have a whole new list of books to add! Thanks for sharing!

Suzanne McLeod said...

Vivienne: Hehe. But it's great to be bad about books *g*. Though I feel your TBR pile pain, mine's at that unwieldy toppling stage. I swear those books are breeding :-D Thanks for dropping by.

Tania said...

I'm still waiting for your book to arrive in the post and river marked to arrive but have received the following in the mail.

green-eyed demon by Jaye Wells
Death's Sweet Embrace by Tracey O'Hara and This side of the Grave by Jeaniene Frost. Cant really decide which to read first ?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...