The Mage in Black - Jaye Wells

If, like me, you loved this . . .



nominated for Best Novel on the British Fantasy Awards 2010 longlist

Then you'll *LOVE* this!!!



out March 30th


Read chapter one of The Mage in Black here - you really, really don't want to miss this one, so go now and read! Then go buy the book, if you haven't already! I'm not kidding you, The Mage in Black is one smokin' hot story . . . fun, fast, and packed with fantastic fang-filled action . . . did I hear someone mention Giguhl? Yep, well, the shopping channel addicted demon is back!!! Woot! And on top form; you're never going to believe what he gets up to, and with whom. *g*

Oh, and don't forget to check out Jaye Wells' blog for the GRRR (Great Re-Read Red month) where you can catch up on Red-Headed Stepchild, and leave a comment to win one of 4 copies of the fantastic The Mage in Black. Hurry though, the contest ends soon!

*

Plus if anyone's looking for any more book recommendations, then look no further than the British Fantasy Awards 2010 longlist for Best Novel. There are some fabulous books nominated, and these are ones I've read and can thoroughly recommend. Which leaves me with a few still to get my reading teeth stuck into :-)

BONE CROSSED, Patricia Briggs
CONSORTS OF HEAVEN, J.N. Fenn
FROSTBITTEN, Kelley Armstrong
JASMYN, Alex Bell
LIVING WITH GHOSTS, Kari Sperring
RETRIBUTION FALLS: TALES OF THE KETTY JAY, Chris Wooding
SIXTY-ONE NAILS, Mike Shevdon
THE AWAKENING, Kelley Armstrong
THE FOREST OF HANDS AND TEETH, Carrie Ryan
THE NAMING OF THE BEASTS, Mike Carey
THICKER THAN WATER, Mike Carey
TURN COAT, Jim Butcher

oh, and . . .

THE COLD KISS OF DEATH, Suzanne McLeod. Yay!

Many thanks to whoever for the nomination. I'm grateful and proud to be in such great company. Many congratulations to everyone on the list!

Full disclosure: Jaye and I crit for each other, so I can honestly tell you that I've seen this book 'drafts' and all. It was great then (damn her *gnashes teeth*) now it *shines*! :-)

5 comments:

Mardel said...

Hi Suzanne - Congratulations for being on the longlist for Best Novel. Hope you win!

- question - which of the people named in the list are British Authors, (besides you and Mike Carey) I still need to come up with a few books by Brits.

J.N. Fenn?
Alex Bell?
Kari Sperring?
Chris Wooding?
Mike Shevdon?
Carry Ryan?

I know about the others...

Which book did you like the best? if you can say :)

Suzanne McLeod said...

Hi Mardel, thanks for the congrats, it's a great longlist, and I'm with some fab, fab company, so I doubt I'll win (lovely to dream though :-) ) but I'm really pleased to just be nominated! Yay!

Ok, these are all Brits, and I really enjoyed all their books :-)

J.N. Fenn - writes soft Sci-Fi
Alex Bell - writes supernatural thrillers (not UF)
Kari Sperring - writes more traditional style fantasy with a European medieaval feel to it.
Chris Wooding - writes all sorts of fantasy, this particular one is more adventure style, and has a 'Firefly'feel to it :-)
Mike Shevdon - writes urban fantasy (more traditional faeries, but no vamps and his fantasy world is secret so it is quite low-key)

I think if I was to pick one for you - probably Alex Bell's 'Jasmyn'.

Mardel said...

Thanks for the recommendations. I'm going to be looking for these.

Mardel said...

I missed the bit about you and Jaye Wells critiquing for each other. It's funny because on Stacia Kane's blog I mentioned that I had stopped reading RedHeaded Step Child because I started reading your books, and I never got back to it. Then Jaye Wells mentioned that you "crit" for each other. How funny! So I bought her second book today! I found the first one and started to finish it. :)

Suzanne McLeod said...

Mardel: Yes, Jaye and I got together thanks to some excellent 'crit matchmaking' by Karen Mahoney (kazdreamer on LJ).

Sabina is a fab character, but I think Giguhl really steals the show (but then he's like that *g*)in Jaye's books, and they're such a fun read. I hope you enjoy the end of RHSC, and Mage.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...