Mistress of The Stone - Maria Zannini - A book you'll want to vote for!!

My writerly pal Maria Zannini (who writes fabulous romances!) is one of the last 10 contestants in the Kensington Brava/RT Writing With the Stars contest (Woot!!). The prize is to have her book - Mistress of The Stone - published, and she needs votes for Best First Paragraph and Last Line over at RT Reviews.

 Image courtesy of Photobucket.
This is not the actual cover.

Now, even though I'm biased, I think Maria's first para has such an intriguing heroine that I'd have voted for her even if she wasn't my pal, but in all fairness why not go and read all the entries, and then vote for your favorite.


Sarah Wendell of Smart Bitches has weighed in and commented on all the excerpts which makes for some interesting reading :-).

Below is Maria's excerpt, which is the first paragraph and last line of the novel.  

FIRST PARAGRAPH: 

Luísa Tavares had a list of sins the length of the Antilles, but there was no time to repent for them now. She spat out the tang in her throat then shimmied down the mainmast of the Coral, her tight leather britches and sharp cutlass a mockery to all that was decent in a woman. Time was running out for the captain of the Coral. And with it, his luck.

LAST LINE:  
Mayhap, his chance had come.

***

Luísa is obviously one of those wonderful heroines who grabs the reader's, and the hero's, attention and isn't going to let it go until the very last line!! Go here to read more about Mistress of the Stone.

So!! Go read!! Go vote!! You know you want to!! :-)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I did wonder why the book was using a picture of Elektra. Will wander off and vote now.

- Neil.

Maria Zannini said...

ROTL! I can't believe you took that Photobucket picture I posed. Lord, I wish I could have found something else.

Suzanne, thank you so much for posting this on your blog. You are a true pal.

I am sending you a virtual hug and my dogs are sending puppy kisses.

Thanks, hon! This was so much more than I expected.

Suzanne McLeod said...

Neil: Elektra = cool! *g* Thanks for voting :-)

Maria: You're welcome :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...